October 28, 2004

Iteration 1: Planning Game

As mentioned in the introduction, this blog will be managed as an XP project.

I will not use the technical practices (I am not coding here!), but will try and stick to the management practices (writing stories, acceptance criteria, tasks, having planning games, stand ups - ie: this page is now my startup page on my browser - retrospectives, releases). By this, I want to check/demonstrate that these practices can be used to deliver a wide variety of outcomes.

So far, here are the user stories:

Story ID: 1
Estimate: 6.4
Type: Minimum Marketable Feature
Status: Complete
Value: 10
Description:
As an individual... I want the ability to share my experience and discuss XP and any other Agile methodology with the rest of the World... in order for me to enrich my knowledge on the subject as well as possibly enriching others.

Acceptance criteria:

  1. The communication medium must be available to the entire World
  2. There is no restriction concerning who can contribute as long as it is about XP/Agile
  3. There is no restriction concerning what can be posted as long as it touches XP/Agile
  4. Discussions/thoughts will be kept for future reference (Archive)
Tasks:

  1. Create blog (Estimate: .2) (Status: done)
  2. Publish blog (Estimate: .2) (Status: done)
  3. Communicate blog address to trusted contacts (Estimate: 1) (Status: done)
  4. Publicise blog (Estimate: 5) (Status: done)

Story ID: 2
Estimate: 1.1
Type: Minimum Marketable Feature
Status: Complete
Value: 5

Description: As the blog master...I want at least one release per week in order to keep this blog alive and people to want to come back and contribute.

Acceptance criteria:

  1. There is at least 1 new blog entry per week
  2. Each blog entry is relevant to subject
  3. Each blog entries are open for comments

Tasks:

  1. Record week's experience (Estimate: .5) (Status: done)
  2. Write to blog (Estimate: .5) (Status: done)
  3. publish (Estimate: .1) (Status: done)

Overall Iteration Value: 15

Let me know if you think of any additional acceptance criteria for this story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home