January 05, 2006

My retrospective for 2005

What went well:
  • I started working for myself >> I am now even more concerned about Business Value and the importance of frequent release of it!
  • I got some really good feed-back from my recent customers (always good ;-)
  • I saw, tried and learnt new things while I was still at egg
  • I left egg
  • I managed to go to a few industry events as a presenter
What did not go so well:
  • Managing the stress of creating a new activity is sometimes hard ot cope with
  • I had to leave egg, which was really convenient for the family life: now I am on the road all the time
Actions for 2006:
  • Get my first £million in the bank! (yeah, right...)
  • Retire...

Puzzles:
How to get my first million in the bank... That is really nagging me!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR ;-)

2 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the million dude - let us know what the secret formula is :)

It follows on from your earlier blog entries rather than this one, but I'm interested to know how companies have responded to your coaching. theagilecompany website (and your blogs!) have made it very clear that you're only interested in working for companies that have already decided (at an enterprise level) that they want to move to Agile delivery. Do such companies really exist, or is it a myth? :o)

It feels like the time they need the coaching most is when they're trying it out, and before they've bet the farm on it... How has it worked for you guys?

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Oli said...

Hey James, good to read you! Sorry for the delayed response, I guess companies are responding well since I am so busy ;-)

In the transformation space, there are two main stages for us:
- stage 1: when companies are wondering if/how they could benefit from being Agile. They will need help to get through this stage, as it is not easy for them to see beyond what they know best (which is ususally a flavour of Waterfall). This is where the Agile transformation strategy is talked about, defined, agreed and planned.
- stage 2: when the same companies decide to give it a go: there again, they will need coaching help to ensure that the things go as smoothly as possible.

As for the coaching we provide, our customers are over the moon, of course ;-) You looking for a job James?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home